How You Can Become a Bernie Scholar
The Bernie Scholarship Awards Program is excited to help you achieve your dreams.
Who May Apply:
- Tenants receiving a rental housing subsidy in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Applicants must not exceed HUD household income limits
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- “Dreamers” who have attended a Montgomery County high school for three years starting 2005-2006 school year
- Graduating high school seniors and adults with a GED or high school diploma
- Applicants may or may not have some college or workforce development certification training
- New Applicants and Applicants who are prior scholarship recipients and need more award funds to complete their college degree or workforce development certification
How To Apply:
The online Application Form and required Recommendation and Survey Forms, are the links posted below. They are due no later than April 1, 2023.
Documents to Complete:
BSAP 2023 Application must be submitted with other required forms no later than April 1, 2023.
BSAP 2023 Recommendation Form is required for new/first time applicants and submitted by April 1.
BSAP 2023 Effectiveness Survey for both new and prior awardees to complete and submitted by April 1..
Prior Awardees must complete the 2023 Effectiveness Survey to be considered for a scholarship award.
New applicants: The Recommendation Forms must be completed to be considered for a scholarship. Complete the 2023 Effectiveness Study as well.
If you need help completing the online application, contact:
–Montgomery College’s Educational Opportunity Center at 240-567-5644 or 240-567-5641
–A counselor/case manager at your family’s housing agency
–The Bernie Scholarship Awards Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect After Submitting an Application:
- Applications are reviewed for eligibility and completion by April 1, 2023, by a committee of the Board Members. Then the applications are scored/rated, and finalists are selected.
- Interviews are required if you are selected as a finalist.
- Interviews will be held on Saturday June 3 from 9:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. in person. Save the date.