THE BERNIE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION OPENS FEBRUARY 1ST!
How You Can Become a Bernie Scholar
Who May Apply:
- Tenants receiving a rental housing subsidy in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Applicants must not exceed HUD household income limits
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- “Dreamers” who have attended a Montgomery County high school for three years starting 2005-2006 school year
- Graduating high school seniors and adults with a GED or high school diploma
- Applicants may or may not have some college or workforce development certification training
- New Applicants and Applicants who are prior scholarship recipients and need more award funds to complete their college degree or workforce development certification
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must on a computer complete and submit the online 2024 Scholarship Application Form and all required documents no later than April 1st (late applications will not be considered). Click the application form link, follow instructions, and respond to all questions. Don’t delay!
MAKE SURE TO PROVIDE A RESPONSE TO ALL QUESTIONS ON THIS APPLICATION.
Prior awardees: You may re-apply if you are continuing college or workforce training.
If you need help completing the online Application Form, contact:
- A case manager/counselor at your housing agency
- Montgomery College’s Educational Opportunity Center at 240-567-5644 or 240-567-5641
- The Bernie Scholarship Awards Program: [email protected]
Here is the Application: 2024 Scholarship Application Form
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
- Applications are reviewed by a committee of Board members
- Finalists are required to be interviewed on ZOOM. The interview date is typically the first Saturday in June between 9:00a.m. and 12:00p.m.