How You Can Become a Bernie Scholar
The Bernie Scholarship is excited to help you achieve your dreams.
Who May Apply:
- Receiving housing assistance/rental subsidy in Montgomery County, MD
- Applicants must not exceed household income limits
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- “Dreamers” who have attended a Montgomery County high school for three years starting 2005-2006 school year
- Applicants who are prior scholarship recipients
- Adults who have a GED
How To Apply:
Click here for Application
Documents to Complete:
The 2021 Effectiveness Survey of Bernie Scholars must be completed to be considered for a scholarship. Click here to complete the effectiveness survey.
You must submit two (2) professional/academic reference statements/letters. Please contact your references in advance to request this. They need to be submitted before the deadline as part of your application!
If you need help completing the online application contact:
Montgomery College’s Educational Opportunity Center at 240-567-5644,
A counselor at your family’s housing agency,
or The Bernie Scholarship Awards Program, email@example.com
What to Expect After Submitting an Application:
- Applications are reviewed by a committee of the Board.
- Interviews are required if selected as a finalist (TBD if in person or virtual at this time due to the pandemic)