How You Can Become a Bernie Scholar
The Bernie Scholarship is excited to help you achieve your dreams.
Who May Apply:
- Receiving housing assistance/rental subsidy in Montgomery County, MD
- Applicants must not exceed household income limits
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- “Dreamers” who have attended a Montgomery County high school for three years starting 2005-2006 school year
- Applicants who are prior scholarship recipients
- Adults who have a GED
How To Apply:
Applications, along with Recommendations and Survey Forms, are due no later than April 1, 2022.
If you would like to apply for the Bernie Scholarship, please click the links below and submit the Application and Survey Forms. We also ask that you complete the effectiveness study form. All three links are found below.
Documents to Complete:
If you are a new applicant for a Bernie Scholarship, we ask that you complete the Recommendation Form to be considered for a scholarship: Click here for the 2022 Recommendations Form
You must submit two (2) professional/academic reference statements/letters. Please contact your You must submit two (2) professional/academic reference statements/letters. Please contact your references early in your application process. They need to be submitted before the deadline as part of your application, so be sure to follow-up with your references!
If you need help completing the online application contact:
Montgomery College’s Educational Opportunity Center at 240-567-5644 or 240-567-5642
A counselor at your family’s housing agency,
or The Bernie Scholarship Awards Program, email@example.com
What to Expect After Submitting an Application:
- Applications are reviewed by a committee of the Board.
- Interviews are required if selected as a finalist. Interviews will be on Saturday June 4 from 9:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. (TBD if in person or virtual at this time due to the pandemic)